Strategies for Effective Mobile Advertising
For some years now, mobile advertising has become a game changer in the advertising business. In 2017, desktop advertising has been surpassed by mobile advertising and at that moment nobody really know how far it can go. But 2020 came and mobile ads became a force to be reckon with even with the COVID-19 pandemic shaking the whole marketing industry. First estimates were going with the number around 75% of advertising will be mobile by 2022., but current situation will probably change things a bit, but keeping in mind these figures, the best thing to do would be to understand the reality of it and work to implement mobile advertising strategies for your own business because the new marketing king is on throne.
Mobile advertising explained
To simply put into words, mobile advertising is advertising meant for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets and the power of personalization, mobile advertising has reached big success. It has provided agencies, marketers and brands a unique way to connect with users in different ways than the usual traditional means.
Mobile advertising is so good because of the nature of the targeted user device. It is very easy to pick your target audience and be sure that your message is being delivered to their devices making way for targeted communication which makes mobile advertising delivering good effectiveness.
Types of mobile advertising
- Twitter: Promoted accounts, tweets and trends
- Facebook & Instagram: Images, videos, interstitial ads, carousel ads
- Pinterest: Awareness campaigns, traffic campaigns, engagement campaigns
- LinkedIn: Display ads, dynamic ads, sponsored content, sponsored in-mail, text ads
- Snapchat: Snap ads, sponsored lenses, sponsored and on-demand geo-filters
Effective mobile advertising strategies
If text above didn’t make you think about going full on moblie advertising, maybe a number will. Mobile advertising market is expected to exceed $200 billion globally. All brands and businesses that want to lower their cost of advertising but also be sure that their advertising gets maximum leads and conversions are working with effective mobile advertising strategies. But problem with mobile advertising is that many users don’t want to see ads on their mobile devices so they are using services to block the standard ads, so it’s up to marketers to come up with ads that are more engaging toward users so their ads strategies actually makes some effect.
- Customization of ads for the target audience – most basic yet the most effective strategy for mobile advertising. Dynamic Creative Optimization lets you do just that. One can easily create multiple versions of an Ad, specifically targeting them for the targeted audience.
- Mobile-preferred ads – people are spending more time online actively engaging with news and video content during 2020 because of the COVID-19. If you really want to get your audience for sure conversion, mobile-preferred ads are your choice. These ads are aimed at users searching from their mobile phones.
- Ecommerce mobile ads – people want to be seamless and quick in their online shopping and mobile advertising is highly effective for eCommerce brands.
- Use ad extensions – ad extensions are not just a great way to get an edge on the competition but are also very helpful in increasing an ad’s CTR.
- Enable calling = Cheap conversions – by including your business phone number on the ad, you make it easy for your target audience to call you instantly and eventually cut down on the cost of conversion.
- Mobile ad gamification – games are really engaging and are capable of driving solid conversions, so you can implement ad gamification to your ads and make them more effective.
- Incentivize your ads – anything which falls in the range of discount, free shipping, or a voucher.